As the Performing Arts Council, we agree to encourage and facilitate collaboration and success through:
- Openness to express a concern to the entire group.
- Always communicate with the entire group (avoid side conversations).
- Willingness to actively listen.
- Maintain open dialogue.
Using effective modes of communication
- Introduce agenda(s) via email to support accurate and clear ideas and goals.
- Where challenging issues arise, schedule face-to-face meetings to avoid miscommunication and potential conflicts.
- Follow-through with emails for any related work and assignments.
Maintain mutual respect
- Treat others as you want to be treated.
- Always focus on the vision and goal to help students have transfer success and be willing to adjust to support that goal.
- Be flexible.
- Use technology (Zoom, Canvas, Slack, etc.)
- Incorporate Dance, Music, Media and Theater into our RTS project.
What we want to see with this RTS Project
- ROBERT: Understanding the benefits of a performing arts Bachelors degree at CSUCI for VCCCD schools.
- ANITRA: Create and encourage a resurgence of visual and performing arts in the community and through the colleges/universities.
- SCOTT: Creating an online Visual and Performing Arts "HUB" between CSUCI, Moorpark, Ventura, Oxnard and the Ventura County community to share ideas, experiences and education pathways.